Staph... WTF?

Rate this topic

GregH

A month or so ago, I had this blister come up on my foot, on the inboard side of my heel. Looked like a regular blood blister, but there had been no trauma there. Hurt like hell. So, I put some Lamisil on it (also have mild athlete's foot flareups every now and then) but it had no effect. Put some antibiotic ointment on from the medicine chest at work, and it cleared right up.

Two weeks ago, I get this pain in my nose like a pimple on the side of my nose. Both nostrils. But no marks on the outside. After a day, I smear Bactroban inside my nose. Took a solid week before it cleared up. Pain got really bad.

One weeks ago, I notice a pimple on my thigh just above my knee. That day at work, I'm pulling the left side head off a 6.4, so I was constantly leaning on it. That night, it looked angry. Fast forward to Friday morning, 5 days later. I can't walk on that leg. It will not support weight without feeling as if the affected area will explode.

Ok, go to the doc. Staph. Got an antibiotic, so now I've got the shits. And this son of a bitch still hurts. Looks like a freakin' horror movie!

WTF? They didn't have staph ten years ago. I never took antibiotics as a kid - I stayed sick until I got better. I never even take ibuprofen.

If this bacteria got so bad in such a short time, what will we be fighting in another ten years? What will my daughter be fighting when she is my age?

Obligatory tie in to work: Had to take Friday off due to lack of ability to walk. Must go back Monday, because we have no sick leave here - all time comes from our vacation allotment, and that is already small enough...

I'll quit complaining about my sore !?@#%! now...

Them bacterial mocrobes are somethin else. You really gotta watch out if you are working on a flood car. This dude was workin on a car and had his arm inside the door panel and got a tiny knick (we've all been there). The next day he didn't feel so good. Three days later he was dead. It seems the car was from a Katrina type flood situation full of nastys from shit, piss, and blood infested waters.

To ease the shits, take acidophilus pills. With the antibiotic take one of the acidophilus pills. You can get them in most grocery stores or pharmacies.

They replace the helpful bacteria in your gut that the strong antibiotic is killing.

It does work for me, I used to get violent bouts when taking stuff like augmentin.

• 2 weeks later...

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, and missed a back surgery because of a staph infection.

That shit SUCKS.

I went to emerg and they sliced mine open and let it drain. DISGUSTING.

To ease the shits, take acidophilus pills. With the antibiotic take one of the acidophilus pills. You can get them in most grocery stores or pharmacies.

They replace the helpful bacteria in your gut that the strong antibiotic is killing.

It does work for me, I used to get violent bouts when taking stuff like augmentin.

+1 Natural remedies are 100000x better than drugs