Water Separator Drain

Rate this topic

Am I the only one experiencing this EVERY time I open this valve to service a customers 6.7L equipped truck? I was so happy to see the new HFCM when these trucks came out and thought finally, they got this right. NOT! I notice that the valve seems to stick or is difficult to turn and perhaps this is causing the o-rings to distort or twist??? I removed this plug and applied some silicone dielectric grease to the seals and it operated as it should. I hope I remember to observe this the next time this particular truck returns to see if the greeeeezin actually worked.

If I were an owner draining my seperator in my driveway I would be PISSED! Fuel running down my arm... all over my driveway or garage floor as I lay on my back... Same shit, different model year. :(

Posted Image

Had one here that leaked after draining it. Turns out the oring on the end of the valve stuck in the housing then became dislodged when the valve was closed.

what i have seen is the water that collects there freezes and when u go to drain that oring stays in housing, Of course that only applies to us eskimos who are crazy enough to live in this ridiculous freezing weather! -40 this week and add a wind chill on top of that