Copying Service DVD to HD

Rate this topic

Done this before but can't seem to get it to work now? Using DVD Decrypter. It shows file being saved to C\:00_04.ISO...but I can't find it on the computer. Program still says I need to insert disc?

Vista Home Basic

Taken from the inford forums: One way to do it with ISO files.

For red DVD's. Go to "my computer" and "C drive=hard disc" Make a new folder entitled as the DVD is(05-06 or whatever it happens to be). I like to start from "my computer" and double click on the DVD drive(usually D) to install the DVD, then click on installshield wizard and follow instructions. When it gets to "start program?" I click on no. click and drag your mouse over all the folders on the dvd. This highlights them inside a box. Then go to the "file and folder tasks" and click on "copy". Highlight the new folder you made and click on copy. It takes upwards of 20 minutes to an hour to copy the DVD files onto the hard drive. Let it copy and use the back arrow to get back to "my computer" Double click on the C drive and open TSO, then open tsobrowser.ini. You will see the list of dvd's at the top of the page. Change the "D" to a C, then after the : put a \and then what you named the file(example above 05-06) Click on "file" and then "save" then close the tsobrowser.ini notepad and "my computer" Copying will continue to take place and a small diaglog box will show you the progress and disappear when copying is done. Remove the DVD and when you click on Service Information, the 05-06 service manuals should have a green box around the "load" icon if you followed instructions to the letter. Any typo will render the program inoperative. Here is the tsobrowser.ini line as it shoud appear for the latest DVD. 05_06=10.0~3~c:\05-06~stock\home.htm~2005-2006 Service Information~October 2008 Note:I like to install the DVD's in order from oldest to newest, as they appear in that order in the "please select a volume to view" box.

Works nice, but take awhile to copy the DVD to your hard drive.

Have you tried using Daemon tools. Nice program and easy to use.

Taken from the inford forums: One way to do it with ISO files.

For red DVD's. Go to "my computer" and "C drive=hard disc" Make a new folder entitled as the DVD is(05-06 or whatever it happens to be). I like to start from "my computer" and double click on the DVD drive(usually D) to install the DVD, then click on installshield wizard and follow instructions. When it gets to "start program?" I click on no. click and drag your mouse over all the folders on the dvd. This highlights them inside a box. Then go to the "file and folder tasks" and click on "copy". Highlight the new folder you made and click on copy. It takes upwards of 20 minutes to an hour to copy the DVD files onto the hard drive. Let it copy and use the back arrow to get back to "my computer" Double click on the C drive and open TSO, then open tsobrowser.ini. You will see the list of dvd's at the top of the page. Change the "D" to a C, then after the : put a \and then what you named the file(example above 05-06) Click on "file" and then "save" then close the tsobrowser.ini notepad and "my computer" Copying will continue to take place and a small diaglog box will show you the progress and disappear when copying is done. Remove the DVD and when you click on Service Information, the 05-06 service manuals should have a green box around the "load" icon if you followed instructions to the letter. Any typo will render the program inoperative. Here is the tsobrowser.ini line as it shoud appear for the latest DVD. 05_06=10.0~3~c:\05-06~stock\home.htm~2005-2006 Service Information~October 2008 Note:I like to install the DVD's in order from oldest to newest, as they appear in that order in the "please select a volume to view" box.

Works nice, but take awhile to copy the DVD to your hard drive.

Have you tried using Daemon tools. Nice program and easy to use.

Used Virtual Clonedrive. It's working but acting pretty weird...when you click wiring diagrams, the box opens but is entirely white until you pass the cursor over the sections with printing...once the sections show-up, you can then click on the white background and scroll...everything then appears normal?

Sometimess even opening the program shows an all white block with no "tabs" on the left side but there is a section there with the red arrows. You have to close the left panel & reopen to get the sections to show-up...I don't remember how I did it before. I'll dig through some stuff at home and find the old copy of Nero I used before. The way it's werking now is about useless...

I use Magic Disc, you can have up to 15 virtual drives. I have all the Ford service discs from 1992 to 2011 mounted. Works perfectly.

lmorris method also works.

Either way, its a lot faster than using the online manuals.

I use Magic Disc, you can have up to 15 virtual drives. I have all the Ford service discs from 1992 to 2011 mounted. Works perfectly.

lmorris method also works.

Either way, its a lot faster than using the online manuals.

A word of caution... the online manuals should always be our first choice. These manuals are the first to have any information updated and, should there ever be a question or a dispute, following the online manuals will absolve the tech of any blame.

FWIW, you don't need any virtual drives... copy the DVDs to your hard drive, make a simple change to the appropriate *.ini file and you are done.

A show of hands, gents... how many of you check broadcast messages with any regularity?

Quote:
show of hands, gents... how many of you check broadcast messages with any regularity?

I usually hit them at least every few days, depends if I'm on oasis alot, or waiting for parts alot. (If I get wrapped up in a large job I dont make it to the computer often, as I usually print the assy specs and procedures to avoid waiting for our only shop computer.)

• 3 weeks later...

Never did get this to work correctly. What is worng with this string?

[volumes]

default_volume=

always_show_volumelist=0

00_04=03~3~C:\00-04\~stock\home.htm~2000-2004 Service Information~April 2003

; volume types

; 0 - unkown

; 1 - fixed disk locations (with directory)

; 2 - unc share locations

; 3 - removeable media

; each installed volume has an entry in this section

; the name of the entry is the logical volume (like 92CAR)

; and tilda-separated values on the right are:

;

; version - a number/letter string,

; less than 8 characters, NO periods, trust me

; type - as described in the list above

; path - the physical path to the location where the volume.ini file resides

; the browser will use that instead of checking volume labels (since

; it is quite problematic with UNCs)

; home - the name of the home file which is used for that volume

; title - The title of the volume (human readable, it is used to tell one

; volume from another in the selector list).

;

[settings]

ModuleMasks=S??,R?????,R???,T*,E??,C????,V??,G*,B??

oasislanguage=EN

oasismarket=USA

uilanguage=EN

pacode=04246

OASIS=NONE

hops=9

contentmarket=US

contentlanguage=EN

serv_contentmarket=US

serv_contentlanguage=EN

evtm_contentmarket=US

evtm_contentlanguage=EN

pced_contentmarket=US

pced_contentlanguage=EN

calib_contentmarket=US

calib_contentlanguage=EN

tsb_contentmarket=US

tsb_contentlanguage=EN

recall_contentmarket=US

recall_contentlanguage=EN

Clicking on Shortcut takes me to this:

Missing volume...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The specified volume could not be found: '2000-2004 service Information' (03)

It is expected to be in this location:

C:\00-04\

When you have loaded the specfied volume into this location press retry to continue, or cancel to abort this operation.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If I hit cancel, the program opens, minus the tabs in the left box. The About/Volumes/Options/Exit buttons are there and

work. If I select "Volume" a box pops up, but when I click "LOAD" it takes me back to the box above...

What am I missing. The disc IS on the HD but I can't get it to open correctly.

Will start over later tonight when I get home. Had 4 or 5 copies on the HD and none of them worked. Even the disc would no longer work. Deleted all copies and have the disc working again.