P242F

Rate this topic

Apparantly this new flash works. I had a P242F (engine oil overfull detected) Drained 22l or so. Turned out to be an injector PUKING fuel out of the injector body, where the 2 peices fit together. This truck had 7 injectors replaced on fsa 09B08,(for potential leaking injectors) when it was almost new - 15,000km. (110,000km now) The one that leaked was the only one that was not (required to be) replaced when the FSA was performed. I am now wondering how they determined what injectors were to be replaced and how accurate that system was?

On a side note, when I submitted for prior approval for 1 injector, they wrote me back and said, since this truck falls in the build date range of FSA 09b08, It is reccomended to replace all 8 injectors. I checked, FSA 09b08 expired in march of last year, And was already performed on this truck. Just to be sure I re-asked for clarification, that they wanted all 8 changed, even though 7 had already been claimed, and to claim it under 09b08? Apparantly they were asleep at the other end, they quickly appoligized for the oversight, and now only want 1 changed. I put 6005PA on twice, but I doubt they'll pay it.

No doubt!

Had another one towed in today, wrench light on and reduced engine power. Had the recall reprogram the other day. P00B7-engine coolant flow performance and P012F eot / ect correlation. Ended up needing a thermostat. They are definatly trying to make these things "save themselves".

Got a feeling the owners are gonna get hung with these things. Guy makes thirty-two trips back and forth to the dealer because the mil keeps coming on from red light to red light, then one day he decides to let the mil burn a little longer and boom, motor self destructs.

Well Brad that is what the owner letter from the FSA basically states can happen isn't it? And we have seen secveral topics about this in the public forums now already haven't we? Poor bastards. "Now my truck upshifts at 3150 RPM instead of 3200 RPM." Posted Image

• 3 months later...

I know we discussed this somewhere... did we figure out how the PCM determined the oil is overfull? I recall that EGT was the tell-tale parameter and it could detect as little as two quarts over full, anyone?

I'll keep searching.

Got a feeling the owners are gonna get hung with these things. Guy makes thirty-two trips back and forth to the dealer because the mil keeps coming on from red light to red light, then one day he decides to let the mil burn a little longer and boom, motor self destructs.

The truck want allow that to happen from my understanding. When the MIL and wrench come on now the engine goes into derate and eventually says to pull over safely before shutting down.