SuperDuty Beds

Rate this topic

I have a customer that needs a replacement short bed for a 2000 f-350 due to rot around the wheels and substructure. I started searching. All the beds are listed as 99-08 as being the same. The problem has been that all the used beds from that year range already have some form of rot. I came across a few 2011 short beds. They appear to have the same mounts, the tail lights are different - not an issue, tailgate is a little different - that to is not an issue. Parts books show different listings for the rear steps and back up camera (which the customer does not care about.) Will the 2011 beds bolt on and have the same body lines/measurements as the older models?

I don't know the true answer to this question but it does not seem as though much has changed with the beds on these things. If I were in your position I might grab a tape measure and start doing a little measurin starting with the bed bolts.

The 2011 has a larger fuel door, and the body line around the wheel opening is indented instead of a simple crease. Why Ford is obsessed with ugly exaggerated wheel openings I'll never understand.