P20C2

Rate this topic

REDUCTANT HEATER C CONTROL PERFORMANCE

This wonderful little gem is a interm fault. At 400miles the GPCM was replaced for the exact same code. Now the truck as 23k on it and its setting the same code. I have checked both the fuse and relay along with the pins for both and found no issues. I cleared and re-drove it and got it to come back, however I swapped relays around and could not get it to come back. Thinking I got lucky I swapped back to the way it was and same result. Can not duplicate.

Have any of you guys been replacing the GPCM for this issue? repeat failures of the GPCM? after all the 6.0/6.4 gpcm was not the greatest. Known wire chafe areas? I am going to try and park outside for a while to heat the vehicle up (ambient is over 105degrees today) yesterday it was the same and vehicle had sat outside for a few hours and set the MIL and force limit power in the same weather.

I pulled the inner fender to inspect the module and connector. No issues that I could see. I armed myself will all the tools needed and drove it home last night in hopes I could duplicate it, just my luck it ran flawless.....Bad part is the customer is getting ready for a 1k mile roadtrip while towing a jeep in about 2 weeks....

Not a direct answer to your problem, but I am finding more and more that testing connections and manipulating harnesses is fixing more problems than ever before (for really tough ones, installing the VDR seems to clear them up Posted Image ).

On my pet MKT (for the cruise control/traction control issues it was having), the last round of testing involved reassigning wires at the ABS plug to see if the fault stayed or followed. The fault followed and you couldn't drive a half mile without the concern happening. Re-assign the wires correctly and <POOF> - it must be over two months and no problems... other than the freakin' thing wont crank when it doesn't feel like it.

Seeing more and more harnesses with chaffes in the middle of nowhere - nothing close by to offer a rub yet there'll be several wires with green death... I'm at the point where the words "Hecho en..." can scare me half to death.

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up shipping the truck after never getting it to act up again. Its been about a week and a half and 300miles, no issues return. crossing my fingers I got it with a conenctor disconnect/reconnect