'04 falls on its face,WIF and g/p light flashes

Rate this topic

Wow,what a good one i got here...6.0 runs great right up to when u least expect it... throttle cuts out,no response from pedal,low power,feels like fuel shut off...while this is happening the water in fuel light comes on,and glow plug coil flashes....do a neutral coast ignition reset and power comes back most of the time...lights go out...tried recording it but it's so intermittent it's hard to catch....codes p2614 and p2617 only codes stored after episode...

I'm thinking can sensor is losing signal causing cut out concern...109K on truck...thanx

remember the new programming has added a force limit power if the WIF light comes on....thats not what your feeling is it?

also check that engine harness for chafes. pretty common on a 2004

Derate is an understatement when this happens...it actually falls on it's face and throttle is less than responsive...got bit Posted Image on this one for sure...put an electric fuel pump on for this same concern,thought for sure that fixed it...funny thing is the glow plug coil flashes intermittently but only codes are 2614 and 17...hopin it's the cam sensor signal causing havoc on other circuits,fixin to put one in...

I would be checking for wire chafes on that harness then. idle it in your bay and pull,twist,yank etc on that harness and see if you can get it to act up. I find alot of times pushing down on the section that runs accross the intake is cause. When stuff grounds out it does some screw ball stuff

Been there before. Sounds like it needs an engine control harness... You won't be able to make a recording of it because the PCM resets when the event occurs...

Didn't the early years have a fuel heater in the hfcm assembly that would short out causing a similar concern? I've had a couple of harness at the hfcm where the terminals in the harness had damage and cross fed the signals as well

Early F-series trucks had a heater that was removed but I don't recall that ever causing problems. The E-series is another story and I have seen 2 of them with shorted heaters cause a stall/no start with a blown PCM fuse.