Viral videos....

Rate this topic

Jim Warman

Jim Jim Jim. Where in the HELL, did you dig this shit up? Why on earth would an intelligent man like you, seemingly much wiser beyond your grade 8 droput level of education even have the time of day for this type of utter trash? Posted Image

Well. Mike... one day not that terrible long ago, I bought a big Jayzus TV set....

A couple of years after that I bought an even bigger TV set....

After that, it dawned on me that brain sucking, insidious device wasn't worth the effort of going into the other room to turn on (my loving bride disagrees with me on that and loves to have the TV going for pretty much most of the day.....).

Now, I spend my time studying history, militaria (is that a word?), home DIY projects, gardening, cooking techniques and recipes and other more esoteric and eclectic subjects on the internet. - including, believe it or not, quantum mechanics.

One of the things that does drive me, though, is the effect that the internet has had on society... and, instead of allowing CBC et al to turn my grey matter to useless pulp, I find release and relief in watching people debase themselves in public.

How many trips to the hospital begin with "Hey guys - watch this" - all of it captured on digital media to ensure that the rocket scientist involved continues to bathe in embarassment until the evidence is lost in a long string of broken links.

How many videos end in "Damn... I didn't think that would happen"... when it is perfectly obvious that THAT was going to happen.

The bacon lady video is a parody of a parody... a statement on society.

I would have thought that you would admonish me for paying almost a hundred a month for satellite TV. That is where the trash is.

The bacon lady? It's a joke, Mike... a joke. It was a video response to another video, also a joke.

FWIW... that's dropOut... and I am not seemingly wiser than anything - I just look at the world a little differently than most people. I'm no smarter than anyone else - I just use what I know/what I see/what I read/what I hear differently from everyone else.

Somebody once told me that I "walk on my own side of the street". I'd have to agree.

I watched a few of these. Posted Image But I seriously think these videos are stupid and I almost get embarrassed for these idiots. Yeah, I know, most if not all of these are fakes. It's kinda like being a young kid seeing sex for the first time: It's gross but for some strange reason you can't stop watching.

You got me with the word Bacon in the title. Posted Image

Stupid? Undoubtedly.... Fake? Many are.... some started out that way but went horribly wrong - turning something intended as fake to become excrutiatingly real. The original cat lady is a proven fake... The video of Debbie was uploaded by "Cara" and an entertainment agency on the west coast is fielding all of "Cara/Debbies" mail (I watched a news story on the vid.).

"Jackass".... always used to be a hot topic with the young'uns at work... People pay money to see this kind of shit without ever realizing all they need to do is look around.

But you cannot deny that this is a commentary on society... The internet has allowed us to reach out to so many more people than we ever could imagine through the 50s, 60s and 70s... and even through the 80s. Yet here we are... fake things are often seen a "real" and often turn into something real as the perpetrator becomes the victim.

Somebody stuffs a bottle rocket in the crack of his or her ass and lights it... this person has the opportunity to become President of the good ol' USA or Prime Minister of Canada.... "I didn't think THAT was gonna happen".

Stupid... fuckin' AAAAAA. And this is the world we have created for us to live in.

I watched a man "test" a battery by laying a wrench across the terminals. There was a huge arc... the owner of the wrench came uncunted. When things settled down, I asked the "tester"... "What would you do if the wrench became a 'carrying handle'?". "DUH... I don't think that's gonna happen...".

This is the society that you and I deal with daily... Where customers let you spend 6 hours finding something idiotic and tell you "I didn't think that mattered".

This is the society where you can't say the "n" word... you cannot talk about minorities at all (newsreels in the 40s made "Nip" and "Kraut" socially acceptable - the 80s made thes unacceptable). But you can insult the piss out of white male heterosexual, married, employed, middle wage earning individuals and get advertising awards for doing it.

Sorry for the rant... but more-so I am sorry that I tried to interject a little levity into anyones life. Life is too fucking short to have any fun.

I work at a dealership where NO women are hideous... a dealership where physical appearance is of little import... a dealership where we don't stare at anyones chest.....

What was that you were saying about stu.... never mind....

I have said it before and I will say it again, there has got to be an internet forum for every thing in the entire world. Did you see them boy's post count? They got to get out more, not sure how they have time to watch commercials.

I gotta wonder what you typed into the "search" box to come up with that one, Dwayne.... Is there a cactus in the drivers seat of your truck?

Notice I'm being nice and not talking about "toolmongers" and vaseline? Ooops - my bad Posted Image

Actually I had just seen the commercial on T.V. before I sat down to check out what was going on on DTS. But I laughed my ass off when I saw the commercial and couldn't believe Pep H would put out a commercial like that. So seeing your inspiring viral video, I felt compelled to share another one. I just Yahoo'd "New Pep H Commercial" and up popped the website I found. Then when I read the comments, I felt even more compelled to share the link to the site with ya.

Thank god I've never had hemorrhoids. Are they really that painful Jim? Posted Image

And by the way, what in the hell made you ever go looking for the bacon lady on E-Harmony?

The bacon lady actually found me... slackernetwork.com has some unique stuff - kinda like break.com but different.....

I may be an asshole, but I still don't need prep H. I heard that it was good for hair loss. No - it wont make new hair grow but it shrinks your head to fit the hair you have.

Speaking of vids... go to YouTube and search "thanks smokey". You might want to be sure the young fella is out of the room because it puts a different spin on "animal lover". Watch it to the end and tell me you didn't find it amusing... and does the police woman on the left remind you of someone?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...