CUSTOMER STATES STALLS WHEN TANK HALF FULL

Rate this topic

Give it back and tell him to tow it there when it stalls. Can't diagnose something that is not currently happening.

That ranks up there with the guys that bring in the truck on the friday before a long weekend and "NEED TO GET TO THE LAKE TONIGHT".

Yes .I thought this was quite funny because the customer really did not want to pay for diag.I straightened that out with the service writer quickly.Went to take a fuel sample and nothing came out.Removed fuel filter cap and found a crap load of rust.Guess where that came from?Anyway,this was a test to see what kind of response I would recieve from members for such a lame question.

Quote:
Quote:
99 f-350 bucket truck.Says will stall at half a tank.brings it in with a full tank.any ideas?
Anyway,this was a test to see what kind of response I would recieve from members for such a lame question.

You jokester, you were looking for someone to jump your shit, but we know you to well around here. Posted Image

Plus, there is a real problem with the 7.3 pickup that causes that- the suction relief valve breaks, causing the truck to run out of fuel when there's 1/3 of a tank in it. It is visible in this pic just above the bottom:

Posted Image

:grin:

• Like 1