The one piece fitting is not fail proof

Rate this topic

Nah. I am sure the fitting was tight enough to seal at one point. Question is how ling did it take to loosen enough to leak?

The human condition is alive and well..... Posted Image

It can be hard to separate "hackism" from honest misteak.

Been a long time since I personally had to do one ( I mostly diagnose and pass it on down the line these days )..... don't they still come with the instruction sheet in the package?

Whoops, there I go again.... thinking some of those neanderthals can read...

Of course we all understand that a "low tire" TPMS warning means we have to go to the dealer.....

Oh for crying out loud. I forget to hit the spell check and Jym is all over me. Posted Image But alas, I realize there there could be a connection between my poor spelling and Jym's delightful ability to point out that we are all human. To err is to be human... forget to tighten a fitting... forget to hit the spell check. I get it!!! Posted Image

Goode fo r me. It's cocktale hour. Posted Image

Originally Posted By: Jim Warman

Of course we all understand that a "low tire" TPMS warning means we have to go to the dealer.....

Or they check 4 tires three times forgetting there's five sensors.....

Posted Image

Few Fords have 5 sensors.... aside from that, I don't know how 'Muricans do it - but Canayjuns walk around the car. "Yup, I checked all the tires... and they were still there...". Customers will swear up and down that they checked their tire pressures.... now, if they had put air in the low one, they'd have something.

Sidebar... Our "Out of Province" inspection is big on safety issues... even something as simple as loose door hinges or door handles..... we have a minimum spec on how close fule and brake lines can be to exhaust pipes... There is no requirement for the tire pressure monitor to work. To make things even more ridiculous.... an owner can have TP400 valve stems (these are rated at 60 psi) installed in wheel and tire assemblies inflated to 80 psi.

Additional sidebar..... Late model sooperdoodies (and I'm sure other models) allow us to adjust the "alert" pressure for the TPMS. Our store, thankfully, has decided not to lower the alert pressure for any customers. We know many of these folks air their tires down for comfort (why not just buy a car?) and then tow on underinflated tires.

And have you ever seen a thread get hi-jacked as neatly as that?

Mistakes are there to be made and make them we will. All it takes is for someone to call your name at the wrong moment and the fuckup train will roll silently out of the station without anyone ever knowing it.

Even the most attentive people can get in a rush or suffer a distraction.

DAMHIKT!!!