IDS 75.06 6.4L Testing

Rate this topic

I was helping one of my techs tonight, and noticed that KOEO INJ testing has changed. Did this happen with the 75 release?

I also noticed that there is no programming available for the TCM. I checked release notes butdid not notice anything. I am usually good about keeping up to date but I suddenly feel like a fool.

I checked 2 trucks, both '08 F550.

Anyone?

Hopefully someone knows. I admit that I just updated my IDS from 74 ti 76 completely skipping 75! I programmed modules in two 6.0L trucks to day and did all three modules. I am sure it won't be long before I run into a 6.4L though.

Long time no see! Posted Image

Last week I did an 11B23 with 75 (and it still blanked the pcm and locked up) I did notice after the PCM programmed it was done, no tcm update.

Honest question guys, while we're on the subject, is anyone else still having problems programming the 6.4s? Before 75 I could shut the computer down, re-open IDS, the session would resume and it would automatically recover the module. Now with 75 the session is gone. I have to manually enter the VIN and tear tag to get the PCM back. Every single damn 6.4 does this. Did a 6.0 on monday, it was fine, all 3 modules, no issue

Posted Image

Knock on wood I have not had any problems with programming in quite a while. The last time IDS was giving me problems was about a year ago then I reformatted my hard drive and reloaded everything after the drive failed. That helped but once I replaced my laptop's battery it has been solid.

Thought I would put that out there.

What is happening when you test the injectors is this. They all buzz for approx 15 seconds then the test stops. They are no longer buzzed induvidually 3 times.

I don't see the advantage, and the ear can longer decipher anything for you because it just sounds like a swarm of bees.

Again, I checked the release notes, and did not see anything about these changes.

I also checked broadcast messages, and the hotsheet.

As far as the TCM goes, it has always been my understanding that this is a PMI module, so why is it no longer listed in PMI, and no longer listed in module reprogramming. Doesn't make sense.