03 7.3 slow crank p0603 and p0605 weak buzz

Rate this topic

got an 03 7.3 towed in cranks slow 112 to 150 rpm cranking fuel pressure is around 40 icp 1200 ipr is at 35% buzz injector all 8 sounded weak poss idm. replace idm one year to the day but this thing is cranking slow cmdtc only has p0603 koeo will repeat set p0605 poss pcm. also the shop battery tester messed up waiting on the tool guy to show to get another. any ideas guy

Ditto, and it's not unusual to have 7.3 injectors sludged up causing a hard start. Try running the buzz test several times cold and see if it starts easier (after you get the cranking RPM back up). Cranking should be 175 hot, minimum 150 cold. They'll start hard at 130 and you can't hear it.....

Posted Image

hey bruce what is ur email i would like to ask u some question about http://www.turbotraining.com/ books

a/c comp is free and cranking over looking at the tail pipe little black to gray smoke for s and g tired little startig fluid while cranking and does not help

tried little starting fluid while cranking and does not help

DO NOT use ether without disconnecting the GP relay first, and then be very careful- get the motor spinning first, and then introduce a whiff into the turbo directly.

bamacker@aol.com

440-846-3885

Posted Image

oh yes i have seen some idolots spray a whole can turn the key and watch it crack the block and bent rods. i have had the same can for 4 years it is rusted. i always take the power wire off both relays and let it spin for aleast 10sec before a little spray.