P207f Exhaust Fluid Contaminated

Rate this topic

I have performed the TSB and installed the updated NOx sensor. Performed Dosing test, passed, smells and looks like DEF, no signs of contamination. No other codes, High Pressure fuel system test passes, Relitive Compression and Power Balance testes pass. The Ford hotline isn't any help. Has anybody else ran into this? Any Ideas?

You might consider running the pinpoint tests for the DTC if you only performed the TSB.

I am not sure "looks and smells" is a sufficient test for DEF quality. DEF has a shelf life of two years. However, this can be reduced if the fluid is exposed to direct sunlight for a long time or if the temperature of the DEF remains above 77°F (25°C) for sustained periods. All DEF packaging should be labeled with the expiry date. When was the last time the tank was filled? You may need to empty the tank and install fresh fluid to be sure unfortunately... unless you have a tester.

We also discussed the Rotunda 335-00001 DEF tester in THIS TOPIC some time back. My dealer never bought one.

I had one a while back with the same codes and symptoms, perform tsb no luck, truck was an early build and only had 1100 miles on it, ended up removing tank and refilling to fix the problem, it took care of his problems

You might consider running the pinpoint tests for the DTC if you only performed the TSB.

I am not sure "looks and smells" is a sufficient test for DEF quality. DEF has a shelf life of two years.

Up to two years at temperatures under 40F. At temperatures above 100F it has a shelf life of only 2 months, even if the bottle is unopened and sealed. It's winter now, but where was that DEF last summer?

However, this can be reduced if the fluid is exposed to direct sunlight for a long time or if the temperature of the DEF remains above 77°F (25°C) for sustained periods. All DEF packaging should be labeled with the expiry date.

It's actually a "born on" date.

When was the last time the tank was filled? You may need to empty the tank and install fresh fluid to be sure unfortunately... unless you have a tester.

We also discussed the Rotunda 335-00001 DEF tester in THIS TOPIC some time back. My dealer never bought one.

I can't believe this is not a required tool. Anyone working on 6.7s needs to have one of these on the shelf, and they're not expensive, I'm thinking $300-400.

Yowzer!

Posted Image