2003 Alero with P0132, P0137, P0141

Rate this topic

Mekanik

Hey guys, I’m working on a 2003 Olds Alero with a MIL on. I've got a P0132, P0137, and a P0141.

P0132 O211 high voltage

P0137 O212 low voltage

P0141 O1HTR 12 circuit malf

My O2 pid and cat monitor pid seem fine right now. I did get some more info that the MIL is only on when the fuel level is less than 1/2 tank of fuel (It's almost full right now). I've got two questions here, first off has anyone encountered this on an Alero? I'm a Ford tech and not very familiar with GM products. My second question is if this problem could be due to leaking intake gaskets when cold and first started? At first I was thinking I have a bad O2 sensor AND a bad cat monitor (O2 12), but I really don't want to just hang parts on this thing.

Which motor? I4 or V6? The V6s don't normally leak air from the intake, if it was that bad, you'd be seeing coolant pouring out of it, and coolant mixing with the oil.

GM had many wiring issues with V6 versions that had the very long monitor O2 wiring.

If it's a 60 degree V6 that's had intake gaskets done check the wiring that wraps around the back of the motor and make sure it's properly secured. It can droop down and rest at or on the rear bank manifold.

Also check for power feed at the fuse, i think if it's like an impala then the ignition switch feeds power to the fuse. I had one with heater codes and a purge solenoid code and the ignition switch was bad. Also had a few with corosian in the switch connectors.

Also i saw various gm models with crispy wireing.

I checked the fuse and wiring; it tested okay. I got the O2 sensor to stay at .8v, and when that happened the cat monitor was staying around .2v. So it seemed as if the O2 sensor was shorting out with a voltage stuck high and that caused the PCM to lean out the engine causing the low voltage from the cat monitor. I replaced the O2 sensor and it seems okay.

I know that work is work and I NEVER turn down a job, but I really hate working on non-Ford vehicles.