2011 f-250 6.2l missfire

Rate this topic

cbriggs

I just wrapped up chasing an intermitant missfire on a 6.2l. Ended up finding that engine only missfired for about 10 minutes during warmup, and only if revved up when warming up. If left to idle untill warm it was fine.Warm driveability was perfect. If I ran relative compression immediatly after shutting off engine (when missfiring) it would fail #2 cylinder at 22%. If left to sit for 15 seconds relative passed with all o%. Cranking Compression test was ok, running compression test ws ok. Hotline wanted a head put on, due to a sticking valve when cold, I was thinking a bad hla was pumping up only with cold oil. Ended up being a broken valve spring on #2 intake.

On a side note, these things are gravy to cab off. WSM reccomends engine re and re (8.5) for head replace. It took me 45 minutes to remove cab instead, and leave engine in frame. Also, nearly every bolt on this engine is TTY. Very lengthy hardware list to repair these.

I cant understand why they would neglect to use cab re and re in the wsm for these gas engine repairs. They could rip us off on way more time that way.I would almost consider doing it for front cover/ timing drive repairs, just to save leaning over the nice (sharp) chrome grille.

I also cab off f-150's. They are about as gravy as this one.