ids software licence

Rate this topic

Is it possible to purchase the licence for ids software if you are no longer a ford dealership tech?.I may be going to ford for a fleet that services Ford trucks and I have my own vcm and laptop.Could you just go onto fmcdealer and go to the download and say you are a tech and purchase it that way.Thanks in advance.

Here is the IDS licencing help line number: 1-866-583-8047

From what I can see on our site you need to be a dealer employed tech and need to set up an account. There is no information on non dealer techs, but the help line may be able to help you.

Kelly, I can help you out with this as I have done the very same thing

Its taken a little while but I am pretty damn close to a dealer level with my own P&A code, Full IDS,FMCdealer, web and classroom training. There are some fees associated with all this but its the same as a dealership would pay. If you are a primary ford fleet and continue to buy ford vehicles this is the only way to fly.

I even retain my senior master status but I will not receive any of the "rewards" so to speak. My STARS ID is active and shows senior master which is all that matters

THis is nothing new either. I have some bus companies around here that do have a Ford Fleet account and are able to do their own warranty work. I am sure that all comes with the necessary training and tool access so I am sure Dustin is spot on with this.