Tire RPM Configuration

Rate this topic

Not long ago I responded to a post over on TDS about reconfiguring the instrument cluster to reflect over sized tires. It prompted me to write " calculating tire revolutions per mile " because once again, I could NOT find the instructions in the service manual to refer to. I eventually found the procedure and the formula as you can see. I'll also note that I "asked Ernie" on the PTS web site and did find the answer and a link... which required that my PC has Microsoft OfficeXP installed for "IT" to work. I assume it was an RPM calculator.Grampy Jim wanted to know the secret to getting the newer trucks to take the non listed number. I had troubles configuring a 2004 as well. When I entered the RPM's I calculated into the WDS it would not take in one instance and I think it was because I was trying to enter a p-metric tire (Toyo's to be exact) and the RPM value only . Since I knew the RPM for the tire, I tried fudging the numbers. My guess is that WDS wants values for Section Width, Aspect Ratio and Wheel Diameter - not just RPM. I tried fudging those values by entering the ones I knew and adjusting the Section Width until WDS's calculated tire RPMs matched (or were very close to) my calculated RPMs. I recorded these numbers, turned the ignition off and closed the vehicle session. Restart a new vehicle session and enter Module Programing, select Programmable Parameters and then Other. Enter the numbers and proceed.It worked for me.