MSDS

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

I had a run in with some sort of chemical irritation yesterday. There was a lower radiator hose on the parts counter that was waiting to be installed. I picked it up and was moving the new worm clamps(that parts had put on it) back and forth and just being a dork in general. I then wandered over to the dispatch counter and noticed my eyes were starting to itch a bit. I scratched them and then they started to burn and burn and burn with more intensity. I darted off to the bathroom and washed my eyes and hands and all was good.

I took another look at the new hose and it had some white powdery substance on it like a preservative of some sort. Well it was mitts off for me from now on with that hose. I would have been in some serious discomfort if I had not been near a source of clean water. I haven't been that worked up since the time I

with Brakleen. Posted Image

Oddly enough my worst eye irritation wasn't at work. I was cutting grass in the fall after all of our black walnut trees had let go their yearly yield. A piece of walnut skin ended up in my eye and all hell broke loose. No shop chemical could compare. I thought I was gonna end up in ER.