Purple Transmission

Rate this topic

Does anyone know who makes the purple 4R100?

Got one behind a 7.3 with an ATS lockup controller and the customer is claiming a lack of power.

feels like it is dragging a ship anchor,makes 16psi boost all PIDS ok.

I'll take pictures,ya gotta see it, 6"stacks and all.

Could smoke it with a stock 7.3 right now :rolleyes:

sound like you need to unhook the wds and hook up a pres. gage to the tranny,my guess would be a failing torque converter.

Does anyone know who makes the purple 4R100?

Got one behind a 7.3 with an ATS lockup controller and the customer is claiming a lack of power.

feels like it is dragging a ship anchor,makes 16psi boost all PIDS ok.

I'll take pictures,ya gotta see it, 6"stacks and all.

Could smoke it with a stock 7.3 right now :rolleyes:

Hey guys, I meant painted purple. Didn't anybody else see the Fordstar broadcast about modified vehicles and lack of maintainence, and how you could trash someone's warranty? It showd a worked over SD 7.3 with a purple trans.

Anyways I found out it is an ATS super duper level 5 triple wazoo slushbox and converter.

Way more tranny than this truck needs,but then, a fool and his money are soon parted.

If the truck is still here tommorow, I'll take pics :rolleyes:

ATS super duper level 5 triple wazoo slushbox and converter.

Is that like an "Oooooh Eeeeeeh, Oooooh Aaaaah Aaaaah, Ting-Tang Walla-Walla Bing-Bang?"

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

There's a couple company's or shops that build these super strong racing and towing transmissions. For some of these guys I think it's a good mod to add if they are bumping up the power output of their engines.

Now, A more sensible and useful mod I thought of was to add a cooler module similar to what UD trucks hang off of the frames of their auto trans equipped trucks. It's simply a cooler in an enclosed housing with a thermostat, relay and an electric fan. You could mount it under the pick-up bed on the frame in front of the right rear wheel. Add a switch for constant cooling and there you go. This would be great for guys running plows. I bet it would cut down on fried units caused by snow plowing!

I've noticed a lot of aftermarket transmission companies painting their products purple. Must be some sort of a fad. I have seen ATS transmissions and their torque converters are painted purple, BTS uses a torque converter that is painted purple but their trans is not. A few other companies are also using purple paint on their clutches and torque converters. Some companies on e-bay are even marketing their products as "high performance purple". I just do not understand how gullible some consumers can be if they think purple paint makes a difference.