home made tools

Rate this topic

Posted Image

I cut some of those off and attached about a foot of fuel line to a few sizes that I connect to the fuel tank connections. The fuel line goes into a fuel can that gets secured to the frame. This allows me to move trucks easily when the fuel tanks are out getting a reconditioned.

I have a quite a few tools I've made, some pic worthy and others not so much. This is the only one I have with me right now.

fuelpressuretool.jpg

It's a 6.4 banjo bolt, washers and the fuel line test port cut off and welded shut. It can be used for checking fuel pressure on a 6.0 F or E-series with a standard off the shelf fuel pressure guage.

Found a few more in some old pics I have

60serpbelttool.jpg

This is the 6.0 serp belt tool I made, this was dicussed in a previous thread and deemed unnecessary but honestly I like mine a lot. I've made about a half dozen of these so far.

002el.jpg

Here is the mid length T40 which was one of the very first tools I modified. I've since made a T45 that fits 6.4s and 6.0s and stubby 10 & 12mm hex sockets for econoline standpipes.