05E15 - SUSPENDED!

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

If you did not see it posted on FMC Dealer today, Emissions Recall 05S15 has been temporarily suspended until further notice. Apparently there is a problem with the flash for the affected vehicles that was included in the latest update. Who knows what the problem is. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

• 2 weeks later...

If your parts dep doesent stock the EBP sensors or ran our you now have to call in each order to get one. What the? Okay maybe it's to be sure that we aren't doing the recalls but I think the answer to that is to bounce the claims! I needed a sensor for an 03 and If we didn't have 20 in stock I would have had to delay the repair another day? This ain't right. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif Ford really has their heads up their asses!!!!!!!!!!! It's bad enough I have to emergency order a couple of EGR valves every week

If you did not see it posted on FMC Dealer today, Emissions Recall 05S15 has been temporarily suspended until further notice. Apparently there is a problem with the flash for the affected vehicles that was included in the latest update. Who knows what the problem is. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

there is 2 problems that i know of and have encountered. the new calibration is setting a false P0488 and also messing up tow/haul. we have gone backwards on the calibrations on a few trucks.

I have been dealing with P0488 on several diesel vans after a PCM update going back about two months. Some set the MIL on, some don't. The hotline has told me the code is OKAY to ignore as long as the MIL is not on. Supposedly engineering knows there is a problem and are working on it. :rolleyes:

yeah when it sets the P0488 is pretty wild. the throttle plate used for the EGR starts freaking out. seeing i have IDS what weve done is used IDS to go backwards, because until a few days ago i wasnt getting updated calibrations on IDS so i had the previous calibration when WDS and PDS had the most recent stuff. we would never have done the go backwards trick on the calibrations if we had to use WDS seeing it takes to long to reload WDS.

• 3 weeks later...

In case you haven't caught it, the recall 05E15 was reinstated on Thursday, August 18, 2005.

If you read the new stuff in the bulletin, any customer who had the recall performed will be mailed a notice to have their truck reflashed again.

Am I the only one that still calls FSA's RECALLS? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif