6.7 EGT broadcast message

Rate this topic

We touched on this a while back but now its official

4328 - 2013-2014 F-Super Duty 6.7L Diesel - Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) On With DTC P246F, P246E, P242A, P22FF, P2080, P2084, P242B, P2470, P2031, P0544 - EGT Sensor ReplacementSome 2013-2014 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.7L Diesel engine may exhibit DTCs P246F, P246E, P242A, P22FF, P2080, P2084, P242B, P2470, P2031, P0544. When diagnosing any of these DTCs, if normal PC/ED diagnostics lead to replacement of an EGT sensor, replace the sensor and the corresponding connector on the wire harness using pigtail kit (3U2Z-14S411-BXAB). During sensor/connector replacement do not disconnect the sensor from the main harness. Replace the sensor and connector as an assembly. 

Yes we did, and this has all of the distinction of an investigation of sorts. But, whatg if the diagnostics leading to sensor replacement involve disconnecting the sensor to inspect the connectors and pins and to perform circuit tests.

Now that you mention it, I have adopted the practice of unplugged number 3 or 4 to ensure it is the correct one. I guess I will have to unscrew it now and heat it with a torch to make that determination. :D