Right angle grease gun adapter?

Rate this topic

I bought one a few years ago from one of the local tool trucks(don't remember which one). It was a POS so I returned it after one use. I have had good luck replacing the straight nipples with 90 degree ones as long as there is room for them. I have had to grind a bit off some of them for clearance to the U-joint.

I have one that I've used for years. Originally I just used it on my regular gun with a zerk screwed in but it proved difficult and frustrating. I dedicated a grease gun to the 90 degree end, screwing it directly to the hose. KD or Lisle.... sorry, CRS runs my life.

• Like 1

When I worked at lincoln a guy there had an end that could be used as a straight or 90° adapter. I remember what it looks like but in the 4 years since I've been gone I've never been able to find one.

I'll keep my eyes open for something that works.  I'd have no problem getting a dedicated gun just for a 90° adapter, I just need to find one first. 

That one from Grainger looks like it will do what we need perfectly. I can get the upper ball joint fittings most of the time on 4X4 trucks. For whatever reason other times I cannot and that little handy dandy tip looks like it will slide right in there perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the closest thing I found to what I was actually looking for.  I purchased one and I'll try it on the next truck for sure.  It will pivot from straight to 90° and anywhere in between.  Feels like a nice solid piece hopefully it works and lasts a while.

http://www.amazon.com/Plews-05-050-Degree-Swivel-Coupler/dp/B000GKU0D6/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1L3CQ37JES30