2013 Ambulance v10

Rate this topic

Jeff_E

Hey guys, I have one of these new gas powered E-Series ambulances that is knocking and missing on what feels like several cylinders, but IDS isn't able to do a power balance or relative comp test, I keep getting error messages.  I know on some of the older ambulances there was a wire that was supposed to be disconnected in order to perform some scan tool tests, but I don't know what the procedure was, or if it's even the same for these.  Anybody know?

Many of the emergency vehicles I come across have a piggyback jumper installed on the DLC for some of the computerized up-fitter electronics to control idle and grab engine data. I find that these typically allow the vehicle to be identified by IDS but some diagnostic tests do not function including module reprogramming. Remove the lower dash cover and look at the DLC closely... the OEM connector is usually wire tied to the column somewhere and the jumper is bolted into where the OEM DLC should be.