'13 Prius engine harness

Rate this topic

Another hybrid I worked on a while back. This was a 2013 Prius that was wrecked and needed 10k worth of stuff to get it back on the road. I replaced the engine harness. It was a job I would probably not do again if given the option.

The kill switch is under the trunk floor cover..

Posted Image

The harness :puke:

Posted Image

The car

Posted Image

This was the only hard part under the hood. I did not want to remove the brake booster but had no choice as the harness went under it and through the hole in the firewall on the left of the booster pass through.

Posted Image

The real aggravating part of the job was the interior. There were as many connections inside as out on this "engine" harness. All in all, this is a pretty well engineered car despite the fact that I hate everything about it. Take this cluster of modules (red arrow) for instance.

Posted Image

The harness is zip tied to the bracket in a couple of places. But instead of having to cut them, all you have to do is release that little clip above and set the component aside.

Posted Image

Then you can simply remove a few bolts and you have the whole module cluster out, and there are even spare slots for upgrades. It reminds me of the stuff in the back of a computer tower.

Posted Image