Rocker removal for branch tube replacement

Rate this topic

What's the trick for getting the rockers off if we don't have the Ford tool for compressing the valve springs down? The lifter is on the base circle of the cam for the one we are trying to remove, and doesn't seem to want to pop out. Any tips?

Yeah I don't see you doing it without the tool. Sure you don't have it?  If I am not mistaken the tool is not in any of the tool kits for any particular engine. It should be in the box Ford sent later that we were supposed to use for all of the little miscellaneous tools the sent us, the spring compressor being one of them. Don't have the box/kit number h available here at home... I will post it later from work. 

I know you said you don't have it but just in case it's just "lost"

The box is TKIT-2004-Q3-F

The tool is 303-1170

Thanks, I'll take a look around for it again today, all of us in the diesel shop are new hires here so most likely the tool walked off in someones toolbox. Thanks for the part numbers, I'll get it ordered if it doesn't turn up today. We've tried a couple ways to get it off, with no luck. We were hoping that maybe the lifter would bleed down a bit if we left it up on the lobe overnight. Wishful thinking...