Interactive Diagnostics

Rate this topic

I recently had a run in with a couple of repairs that force you to use "ID", One repair involved electric steering (EPAS) on a 2011 F-150 and the other was an APIM  repair on a Ford of some sort. It got me thinking about it again. I made a document years ago on the subject but never loaded it on here.

I would like to preface this thread by saying I AM LAZY. With that said, anything that will make my job easier is more than welcome in my life. I love interactive diagnostics, it cuts my work load down greatly and I use it when ever it's available.

Now there are some guys that have expressed a bit of concern involved with "ID" and not wanting to speak for anyone of put words in anyone's mouth, will allow those concerns to be voiced again if they want.

I would dare say that if your dealership isn't equipped with decent internet or computers that can't reach the cars data link, or laptops that have trouble running PTS, you may be in for some overhauling in the future.

Anyway, here is a link to the doc. If anyone can't open it or read it (using a phone or the like) let me know.

PCED interactive diagnostics.pdf

As many times as I've used the online PC/ED I never once noticed the interactive diagnostics main page.  Interesting how the brain chooses what it wants to see.

Very nice write-up by the way.  I'll have to give that a shot sometime.