Bath Tub

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

For real. My steel bathtub is leaking... again. About 7 or 8 years ago I put in a new drain pipe and the opening in the tub was rusting and while that repair was good for a while the inevitable has happened. I did some peeking around the valves and spouts and all appears dry and therefore I assume I now have to replace the darn tub. Dimmit!  :(  Fortunately I have more than enough spare tiles for the bottom row of tiles above the tub rail.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a crack in my fiberglass tub that no one is willing to touch - it's down in the curve where the vertical transitions to horizontal.  I did an ugly patch to it and it seems to be holding...  Drilled both ends so it wouldn't spread.

Ahhh, budget minded household repairs! LOL!  I temporarily seem to have stopped my leak with some plumbers putty under the drain cover. Mind you, at this time the leak is only "suspected" to be the tub. My brother-in-law suggested opening a hole in the ceiling downstairs to look at things closer and be sure. The ceiling needs repair now any way.