6.0 front cover backorder?

Rate this topic

DieselD

Got a 2003 the shop that just needed a "gasket" Tore it down to find the coolant ports eroded all to hell and it needs the whole thing. My parts guys are all telling me these things are on backorder? When did that happen?

Last one I needed for a late 04 was on backorder too. The 05+ used cover I had fit fine with a new lower rad hose. I can get part numbers I you want. Last I checked the later covers are available still.

Obviously you'd need a 100mm water pump too

Matt, I am doing the newer cover to get this back on the road other wise there is no word on when covers will be coming back in stock. sounds like the supplier dried up or went out of business. I would be holding on to used covers if at all possible.

There is an option listed for a lower rad hose for an 04 that should fit the 05 front cover and 03-04 rad just fine.  I don't believe they were designed to fit with each other but it worked good on the truck I had.  I don't remember part number off the top of my head. 

The problem I ran into now is the 04 cover being on backorder also is the same one that fits all years of e-series.  There's no chance a 05+ f-series cover could fit on an econoline. I am honestly considering picking up a used one on ebay to save my ass.  Date off backorder is the end of August

• Like 1

Alright I finally had a chance to go on catalog advantage and do some digging around.  I still don't understand why 2004 MY lists 2 different lower radiator hoses but here are the numbers

3C3Z-8286-AJ, this fits the original 4 o'clock outlet and 03-04 with the fitting style radiator

5C3Z-8286-A, this is listed under 2004 as a 3 o'clock outlet and I don't know why.  The only 3 o'clock outlet front covers are the 05+ f-series covers.  This is the hose I used to adapt a newer front cover to an 04 engine.  After a little playing around I found this hose is also listed for a 05+ 2WD truck.  Must be something with the drag link location that has this hose routed differently.  Whatever it is worked perfect. 

I imagine you could take any 05+ f-series front cover and adapt it to any 03-04 with the hose number above and a 100mm water pump if needed.  I am not 100% certain but it's worth trying.  Right now the 03 90mm cover and 04 100mm cover are on backorder, the 05+ covers are also on back order but emergency orders are being taken, locator is showing about 30 in the states.

I got this one done yesterday. The hose was the same for my 04 100mm cover that we ended up tracking down. What a pain in the ass tho!