NAPA ICP/EBP Pigtail

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I know we've covered this before and I've posted this before but I don't feel like looking for it.  From my notes: 

n5C3Z-12224-A $55.34
nIH 2501105C1 $12.10
nNapa EC89 $15.99
nAlliant Power AP0021

And I'm sure the prices are old, too........

:grin:

The important point to make is the price of the Ford Motorcraft pigtail kits are wayyyyyyyyy too high not to consider alternatives at this point.  The prices on some things absolutely defy reason.  Quite often I am putting together a quote for a customer and I cannot believe the price of some things - and I am not the person paying for it.

Without a doubt. You price out a unison ring lately? That makes me sick. Even at wholesale price parts is making a killing.

edit - way to get me started on a rant.  I need to learn to play nice.  I make parts a bunch of money, but everyone at our shop knows that. 

• 10 months later...

If anyone wants to buy just the connector body here is a pic and the Delphi part #'s. The one on the left with the purple seal is 12065287,old style(7.3) ICP sensor. The one on the right with the yellow seal is the newer style 15477863

icp.jpg

This is not where I purchased my connector body from but pigtail,body or connector kit can be also purchased here http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/2219

If the terminals need replaced I would recommend a pigtail or wire with the terminal already attached since the list of crimping tools is endless. The connector with the yellow seal is a GT 150 style and it takes a 15359996 for 22-16 GA wire. The other is a merti pack 150 and it takes a different tool, so unless someone works at a GM dealership or has the tools it's probably not worth crimping them on. I have crimped them in the past the best I could then soldered them and never had a problem but I read a document lately that made think about soldering differently. Open the document in the link http://www.osti.gov/scitech/servlets/purl/14961 if you like....not responsible for any lost brain cells :)