Gas in Diesel?

Rate this topic

Allen

How do you guys test for possible gasoline in the fuel tanks? Fuel hydrometer? Where did you get one?

You would not believe how many trucks we get with gasoline in the tanks, because the agents are too tired to realize they are pumping gas into their tanks.

Thanks in advance

Allen

I can't speak for anyone else but we just usually use the nose-o-meter.... Most of our victims realize their mistake somewhere between the time they pay for the "fuel" and the time it starts running bad/noisey/quits.

pull off the filter cap and use the sniffer. we usually get a couple per year. Surprisingly they usually haven't a clue that they did it. even had one guy suggest we might have done it cause he couldn't have. (he had it towed in from the Canadian border 100 miles from here) yup, I drove up there dumped some gas in his tank and drove back waiting his arival just to wreck his day.

Well then, young man.... you should be ashamed of yourself picking on us poor Canucks like that....

FWIW, I'm pretty sure that too many people on both sides of the border majored in "Stupid 101" in school.

• 4 weeks later...

most of the time you can smell it. Its a distictive smell and pretty obvious. Soemtimes if you only have a smal percetace of gas in the tank you wont be able to smell it. In that case you will have to have a sample sent out. however if its not strong enough to smell most of the time it wont cause a huge drivebilty concern, but there are always exceptions to the rule