Duratorq Or Power Stroke?

Rate this topic

So I was perusing the workshop manual looking at the engine section and noticed that the WSM lists this engine as "3.2L Duratorq-TDCi (148kW/200PS) - Puma"  but there are "Power Stroke" badges on the trucks and the Ford website and literature calls it a Power Stroke. So, I am confused. Obviously this engine has been around for quite some time in non-North American markets and is referred to as the Puma or Duratorq. It just seems odd, but not surprising that Ford has different names for something depending on where you look. I think that they should correct this.

While we are on the subject I also do not care for there being two completely different vehicles sharing the same name Transit... and Transit-Connect. Really?

Don't get me started on this, both Ford and IH are terrible at trying to confuse use with terminology.  How about Ford's renaming IH components like the IPR to "Fuel Pressure Regulator"?  The one I hate the worst is on schematics- sometimes they call the ground wire on a three wire sensor "Signal Return".  You don't think guys are going to get that confuse with "signal"? Like they don't already struggle enough with electrical problems?

:rolleyes:

Actually, IH is MUCH worse at messing with you with names and terminologies. I could go on for a long time.......