Sprinter...

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Eventually I would love to hear an honest comparison between the Sprinter and the Transit from someone with experience on both. I have seen a couple of Sprinters up close and I get the impression of "cheap." Say what you will about the Ford Econoline but it was everything I have come to love about the old American way of building strong durable vehicles. (I did not say perfect) I realize the Transit represents a newer approach to building a full sized van and I see some European and even some Asian design qualities to them but there seems to still be some good old American style to them. Time will be the ultimate judge. In looking over the first models that have graced my service bay I will say there are some really fucked up parts of the design - mostly related to serviceability leading to asking the question "What were they thinking?" And, I have yet to have one in for an actual repair as of yet.