5C3Z-3254-B

Rate this topic

Matt Saunoras

Anyone know what's going on with the super duty 4WD knuckle seals? 5C3Z-3254-A was the single seal, cost was $36.03 but it's been on backorder for a few weeks now.

5C3Z-3254-B a new kit that supposedly supersedes "A". It contains the seal, wheel bearing o-ring, axle shaft snap ring, and wheel bearing studs + nuts.  Last week cost was $.86 but it's since been adjusted to $12.33.  These are now available but are emergency order only.  We got 2 of these kits to have in-stock but with the pricing discrepancy my parts guy is afraid to sell them. 

Then out of nowhere two "A" seals show up from Ford yesterday even though none are shown in the country and they were supposed to be obsolete (now today they're not superseded).  For the hell of it I had my parts guy check the locator for the "B" kits and our nearest competing dealer showed 60 in stock!  With the price of one kit only being $12.33 I had parts pick me up 2 kits and sold him my personal "A" seals.  Made about $40 in the process.  This is ridiculous.

I totally forgot to post about this. I ran into this two weeks ago. The old number became the new "Kit" which had the seal, oring for the hub, hub nuts, orings and screws and a gasket for the 4X4 hub and a new snap ring. Nice kit. Then the next week the kit disappeared and I got the normal seal package when I asked for them.My parts man asked if therte was a recall coming. Dealer cost for the kit was $0.86. Makes no sense. :scratch:

• 1 month later...

Saw this on PTS:

May 13 2015 6462-2011-2015 F-Super Duty Equipped With Electronic Shift 4WD- New Hub Seal Kit Available

Some 2011-2015 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with electronic shift 4WD may require axle seal (3254) replacement due to vacuum leaks. The axle seal part numberhas been updated to simplify part ordering. Follow normal diagnostic proceduresin the Workshop Manual (WSM). Refer to WSM, Section 308-07. If axle seal or seals require service, order (1) axle seal kit 5C3Z-3254-B per side, as needed. Seal, hub gasket, hub o-rings and hub screws are now all packaged with the axle seal. For Dual Rear Wheel (DRW) vehicles, (1) package of wheel extension nuts W520506-S309 is also required. Use applicable labor times found in SLTS Section 3 foraxle seal removal and installation and Section 7 for 4WD diagnosis.

this sounds awesome! I keep a Microsoft word document with my "common" parts numbers and prices so it saves time. I have always replaced the 4x4 vacuum seal, the wheel bearing o-ring seal and the updated axle tube dust boot (if needed). I have always re-used the wheel bearing studs and nuts and the axle nose snap ring. last time I checked the prices for a 4x4 seal alone was like $85 (Canadian)...are you guys saying that the entire kit with all seals and nuts and snap rings and everything was like under $1???

I got a couple of the new kits by accident. We stock the 'old' seal, but when additional parts are required to be ordered in to complete a repair we also order in replacement stocked parts so as not to deplete our inventory. Not long ago I did two knuckles and got the new kits as part of the deal.

They're slick - everything in one package, and they're also a fair bit cheaper on the retail side of things. When replacing knuckles that's not a huge deal, but on a regular reseal for ESOF it makes selling the job that much easier.

• 2 years later...