more 2015 Transit Problems

Rate this topic

the_twig_187

so our dealership is selling 3.7L transits like its going out of style. most of these have found their way back to the dealership due to the air filter box's being a sump for rain water to collect ( I mentioned about this issue in an earlier post). I had a no start issue with one today, it had solid compression so I went right after fuel. it is a returnless system so I pulled the line going to the "y" pipe fuel injector rail. had another tech crank the engine and had a bottle to catch any fuel coming out of the line. not only did the fuel come out of the line from the tank into my catch bottle but the vehicle also started up. I reconnected the line started it up and the vehicle began to run smoothly. at this point the IC gauges did not respond (rpm/spedo/gas level/coolent temp). I connected the IDS and ran a self-test on the IC, this caused the gauges to cycle and the lights to flash and after the self test everything was fine and worked correctly.

its starting to alarm me how many of these im starting to see. with the cancelation of the econoline series this is suspopsed to be the bread and butter of the ford motor company going forward. if these vans start to build reputations of shit box's it could affect all of us in the wallet in the future.