Windows 10

Rate this topic

Here is something to consider. Do you run a wireless network with a lot of devices connected to it? We did, when the boss kicked all the cellphones off and changed the router, I have had no issues with mine. It will reach across the 5 bays if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got my E version D-Link last week & finally got around to installing it today. I run Windows 7 and today like a dumb/good tech I "NOW" do my research, well it looks like I only needed to get 1 instead of 2......Well since I can't figure out how to post the direct link. Go to PTS - IDS Support - Wireless - D-Link Adapter Information

If the range still sucks, I may use the other D-Link :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

That is why you don't buy shit from Ford unless you cant get it anywhere else... legitimately.  I bought two adapters for $25 and free shipping. A few minutes searching and you will find them.

• 1 month later...

Went through some big update over the weekend and now it won't recognize my wireless dongle. Anyone else run into this issue?

Ha..figures, now it does.

Nevermind...won't pick up the VCM..POS..

Anybody rolled back to Windows 7 yet? Wonder how long before IDS catches up with the new update? 

I finally fixed mine by un-installing everything manually starting with the Bosch software, then IDS. Reinstalled it all and it has been working flawlessly for a week now. AND I am finally using those new dongles I bought and I can connect from about 100 feet. I figured I would try it and it worked... dont know how much further I would need to connect but at leas not I know I can beach a truck outside and do a manual regen with my computer in the shop.

Personally, I do not think these problems are a Windows issue. I blame Ford. EVERY time I have problems it's after an IDS update.

I didn't, never said that I did. I SAID that I UN-installed it first... to point out that I wanted to be sure that it was removed because I am unsure if uninstalling IDS would remove it. I wanted to be sure to reload everything fresh.

I finally fixed mine by un-installing everything manually starting with the Bosch software, then IDS. Reinstalled it all and it has been working flawlessly for a week now. AND I am finally using those new dongles I bought and I can connect from about 100 feet. I figured I would try it and it worked... dont know how much further I would need to connect but at leas not I know I can beach a truck outside and do a manual regen with my computer in the shop.

Personally, I do not think these problems are a Windows issue. I blame Ford. EVERY time I have problems it's after an IDS update.

Worked for me. Thanks Keith.  :thumbup: