f650 hub bolt torque

Rate this topic

anybody have any idea where to find the torque specs. for f650 hub to front rotor bolts? only thing I can

find in workshop manual is a 10 bolt setup - torque to 105 lbs. ft. the setup I'm working on has 5 large

bolts torqued to a hell of a lot higher rating.

Listing a year or VIN would help, and being that truck is probably built by IH, look on the axle beam for an ID tag for what the mfr and weight rating is. With this info I might be able to look it up.

MD/HD stuff is all built from mfr components, so looking up a torque spec like you're used to on auto/LD doesn't apply.  You HAVE to have the spec sheet or ID to get any info, including parts. You can have five 2010 IH 4400 trucks lined up with 5 different front axle codes, so kingpins, brake stuff, torques would all be different, but all five might look identical at first glance.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

I dont think you will find the information from Spicer by that axle either. From knowing their service manuals in the past, it most likely won't cover brake torque specs, just bare axle hardware. You will need to ID the brake manufacturer/model to locate your specs I would guess. If in doubt, what I would do in your case would be refer to the common torque specs for bolt grade/diameter/pitch and loctite to ensure it would not work loose.

• 2 weeks later...

buddy_m you were right. I found a spicer axle service manual online and it did not list an specs. as far as the brakes are concerned. they

simply listed part numbers and torque specs of the axle assembly itself. torqued bolts to average spec. of that particular bolt and let

it go.

I just re-read this and got to thinking a bit more, are they still using a version of the old style Dayton/Webb hubs with the 5 bolt style? Either 5/8 or 3/4 bolt(15/16, 1-1/16, or 1-1/8" head size?)

Link may not post right from my phone, but second page and bottom half is what you would be looking for. I see a lot of Class 8 trucks in my current fleet, so I'll be honest that we use a lot of the German torque of goodentight and with loctite if in doubt on critical components, to me its not always possible or practical to use a torque wrench or multiplier on some parts in the MD/HD side of things.

http://www.webbwheel.com/pdfs/literature/TorqueBrochure0409.pdf