All 4 Brakes Dragging

Rate this topic

I got a 2000 F350 with a 7.3 that the guy called me today claiming that all 4 brakes are hot. About a week and a half ago he called me saying that he had a right rear brake hanging up. I found a stuck caliper and replaced the rear pads. A week later he called me and said that the left rear brake is stuck bad enough that he can't get out of 4th gear (manual trans) Went over there and found a stuck piston on the left rear caliper. Replaced the caliper on Saturday morning and took it for a ride. Everything was normal. I don't know how much he drove it since then, but he called me today after driving about 7 miles from his house to mine saying that he had all 4 brakes hot.

I did drain most of the brake fluid out of the truck when I changed the first caliper. He did say that the brake pedal seemed stiffer than normal.

Anyone run across this? I haven't talked to him since he got back home to find out if they seemed to be dragging on the way home.

Sounds like somebody put something other than brake fluid in it. Swelled all the seals. If that is what happened the cap diaphragm should be all swelled up.

Not likely. One of my customers at home. I replaced a right rear caliper about 2 weeks ago. Drained a bunch of brake fluid out and filled it out of a brand new bottle I bought with the caliper.

Could have been done before you touched it. Or has the M/C or hydro-boost been changed? Loosen M/C bolts and see of wheels turn free. Possible pushrod adjustment issue.