Operator commanded regen?

Rate this topic

Anyone here actually performed an operator commanded regen? I had a customer last week stop in to clear a DPF overload dtc and I printed out the OCR TSB/instructions and made sure it was enabled. Yesterday he called me and said when idling in park the instrument cluster prompted him to do a stationary regen. Basically said "do you want to clean exhaust filter" with a yes and no selection.

He could not figure out how to scroll over to select "yes". With the XL steering wheel there are setup, info and reset buttons but the scroll left and right buttons are dummys. He said he could not select "yes" with any of these buttons.

I told him I really had no idea since I'm not familiar with how the OCR is initiated. Anyone know?

I have for the most part only programmed them. None of the trucks needed to regen so I cant say. I see what you mean about the buttons, will look at this closer next time. Sorry not much help for now

Not sure if the 15s are different but the steering wheel switches don't have left or right, just setup, info and reset.

My best guess would be to hit reset to toggle from "yes" and "no" but really I don't know.

I did one but the procedure eludes me. I think Matt is correct. Reset is to toggle and setup is to confirm the choice. That one took me three tries before I was able to figure it out.

• 1 year later...

Update to this. Reset button does toggle Y/N. After selecting yes the cluster will advance to the next question on it's own. If you hit the Select button it will kick you out of OCR. 

Also found out why cluster levels 2 and 3 don't have the OCR option: Not enough available memory to put in all the required programming.