Auto Enginuity Scan Tool

8WA Sman

I have a AE scan tool ProLine VCI for sale. VCI was purchased in Mar. 2013 it has version 11.1 (Domestic and Asian) I have the Nissan adapter and manual. $500. plus shipping.

AE.jpg

Will they allow a purchaser to update? i think it's a buy it, you own it. I have Ford & GM with the old style connector that uses a security dongle. Would like to get the rest of the bundle but at this point don't really need it.

I talked to AE before I posted. They can update the info to the new owner if I sell it. I never used the one with the dongle. I do know that the new VCI is much faster at loading then the older interface I had.

I talked to AE before I posted. They can update the info to the new owner if I sell it. I never used the one with the dongle. I do know that the new VCI is much faster at loading then the older interface I had.

Cool. If I had the money to spare i would grab it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Turns out the Asian apparently wasn't activated even though it said it was. Had to buy the $300.00 two region update. Connector was at level 36, now at 46 i believe? They have completely updated the whole program. Easier and faster to use although only spent about 10 minutes with it on my S-10. Will get to try it on some other stuff soon. So I now have 2 AE setups. One Domestic/Asian other just Ford/GM. They apparently no longer support the older connector, so to update, would have to send connector in and get the VCI to make it current. Have new program on newest laptop, old version on old laptop. i bought the original setup about 3 years ago but really never used it enough to justify doing an update. Had to decide whether to update or buy a used Snap-On Modis or Verus. Can't buy anything made by strap-on for 300 bucks.

AE Scan Tool Updated.jpg

So do I need to refund you any money?

I am certain the Asian worked for me on Honda and Toyota.

Nah. As i said in the beginning I didn't really need it. Taken 5 months for me to find out it didn't work as shop I was at had all Chevy's and a Tech2.. I think it was something AE changed with the latest update. Mainly wanted to inform anyone thinking about trying AE, they are still working on improving it. The latest version definitely opens and loads faster than the older with the security dongle. Tech guy said it really didn't have anything to do with the connector. Said the improved functionality was purely due to coding improvements. 

I'll try to snap a picture of the older version tomorrow so you can see the layout difference.