2016 F-650 6.7

Rate this topic

Got a peek at one of these beasts today. As soon as it pulled in I knew what it was, the front end is a little different looking. It was a tow truck dropping off an escape. Begged the guy to let me have a look under the hood and crawl around the truck for a few minutes.

Hard to tell much from looking at it but it was pretty cool. I guess it's one of 3 in the Tri-state area, only 3 weeks old.

The exhaust is unique on these, it was a big S shaped DPF and SCR with a dump behind the cab. Most of the other stuff looked the same, air box is the same as a pickup. Couldn't tell any size difference in the turbo with it hiding under the intake. It's supposed to be smaller though. Still has the same exhaust brake feature as the 15+ pickups.

I wasn't expecting to see any of these on the road for a few months. Anyone else seen one yet?

I saw one in a bucket truck last week.  It was at the ICUEE Conference in Louisville.  Sorry for the crummy pic.  There was plenty of room to work on stuff!

Joe

20150929_145140 (1).jpg

Our dealer brought one by our shop a few days ago to check out. I will say its a little odd hearing the 6.7 running under the hood of a 750 but Im excited for this setup. I am so tired of dealing with the 3 manufacture dance getting these things worked on.

My warranty administrator brought this out to me today. I am surprised that Ford has not been more active  in recording engine hours on warranty claims in the past. Not surprised to see it here with the new heavy trucks though.