Exhaust Filter Screen -OCR?

Rate this topic

I will check my Job 1 2011(May of 2010 build date) today with the 4.2 cluster That should give everyone an idea how far back this goes.

For the average driver I imaging this is useless to them but I like to see this value to know what is normal. The first day of owning my pickup I installed the edge monitor so I could see the regen cycles. I am then able to see what is normal expectations and also change my driving habits to keep the regen cycles down. It also allows me to see when an regen event is occurring so I can keep driving until it completes on its own.

The funny thing is that when we got the original TSB for OCR, we had to update the IC in order to access it. There has been no updates to the LCD cluster that I have ever done in conjunction with a PCM update. So here is the big question on my mind. Has the option to view DPF % always been there on all trucks but hidden and never conveyed to us? Were they working on Forced regen from the start and released it when all the kinks were worked out? I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to get it working on the 08-10 MY's, but never did, It's buggy on the IDS most of the time. I understand the reasoning for limiting it to base clusters, it's designed for fleet trucks mostly. I bet there is a test truck running around with the LCD cluster that will do it. They probably don't want to pay out to release it to all those trucks bought by the general public with the LCD cluster. IMHO... 

It looks like 2011? and up it is in the cluster but you needed IDS to enable it and until recently, it was not available on IDS. That is my guess. Whether it was intentional to put the parameter in IDS or not is the question. This is what pisses me off. If it was intentional then why no notice of any kind. Why did I have to learn about it on the Internet? Why did I have people asking me about it and I had no clue what they were talking about?  *sigh* Beh! What difference does it make any way. :rotz:

I am surprised that you guys can enable it at all.  Why would somebody pay $XXX to have it from the factory if they can get it for free(?) from the dealer.

FWIW, the guy on ford-trucks.com posted the correct screenshots so there must be a way for you to enable OCR on the TFT cluster.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1192468-how-to-finish-dpf-regeneration-while-parked-4.html

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127308178@N05/with/23753357051/

(hopefully links are allowed)

enabled the parameter on my personal truck this morning however it did not add anything to mt cluster view? I have not tried to update the IC just simply enabled the forced Regen parameter

Here is Ford's thinking as told to me.

Most fleets will buy trucks with the base cluster. Some fleets will be unable to perform a dynamic regeneration due to vehicle location. Thus these trucks will have access to OCR.

EVERYONE ELSE buys trucks with the LCD cluster and these trucks have the means to perform a dynamic regeneration. which is how Ford prefers it to be done, less chance of fires due to exhaust temp, because some bozo is going to try it inside if given the opportunity.

Why it's displayed on the LCD cluster is a mystery that may never be solved.  

enabled the parameter on my personal truck this morning however it did not add anything to mt cluster view? I have not tried to update the IC just simply enabled the forced Regen parameter

What cluster do you have? On the LCD it is in with the top selection after the compass. With the base cluster you just scroll through the list. If the IC is not updated I didn't think you could enable it.

What cluster do you have? On the LCD it is in with the top selection after the compass. With the base cluster you just scroll through the list. If the IC is not updated I didn't think you could enable it.

4.2 cluster. Job 1 2011. My screen is blank after the compass.

Well isn't that interesting...If you get it updated and it works let me know. As I said, I have never updated the LCD cluster and have been able to get the screen on 2011,12 and 14 MY trucks so far. 

I always had to update the cluster first but those were on 6.4L trucks not 6.7L models.

Are you sure it was for the 6.4L. First run 6.7L needed the IC update to enable. I can't find anything regarding OCR on a 6.4L.

Well isn't that interesting...If you get it updated and it works let me know. As I said, I have never updated the LCD cluster and have been able to get the screen on 2011,12 and 14 MY trucks so far. 

So after a long 1.5hr programming time of the IC there still is not an additional DPF status screen

I know I'm back a 2-3 PCM updates so its possible its because I'm not at the latest calibration level on the PCM

We have another 2015 pickup here that I am going to turn on and see what happens. It should be a simple parameter change unlike my 2011