Cummins Warranty

Rate this topic

RyanG

I do a bit of Cummins work. Almost all warranty and yes they suck to deal with if you have no experience with them or work on them infrequently. The warranty coverage for the ISB 6.7L is two years, unlimited mileage. Some emissions components may have a higher coverage and may also fall under the Ford warranty depending on what fails.

And yes, you are in the right place.

The reason I ask, had 6.7 ambulance no start. Found cummins ecm voltage supply wire rubbed against bracket and popped fuse no big deal. Fix the problem and go pull the truck out and it kicks in to limp mode, code stored is for accel. pedal and brake pedal depressed

at same time. Figure out cummins engine module internal fault with ground control of bpp switch so ground the circuit externally so

vehicle can be driven to cummins for ecm replacement. I thought it would be easier than having to have the truck towed again. Another

tech drove it there and specifically explained what we did to service writer. Well 2 weeks later a bill is sent to my service manager for 1145.00 for "circuit repair". Call cummins and they tell us they replaced ecm under warranty but they had to reverse the wiring modification we did. 1145 dollars to solder a wire back together and they didn't even call us with an estimate they just sent a bill. After he explains to me that they cant just reconnect circuit and gives a whole bunch of bullshit about the entire circuit must be replaced and cummins will not cover it my service manager tells him were not paying for it and something needs to be worked out. The cummns service manger says he can drop the bill to 390.00. My service manger still says no and wants to see exactly what the cummins tech did and now were waiting to see what he sends. The customer has been contacted and the truck is going to be brought in so I can look at what 1000 dollar wiring repair looks like. This is third or fourth time I have had to deal with cummins and every time has been fuckin miserable and oh yeah they don't want to pay you shit for the repairs.

• 2 months later...

Cummins guy tried to program an ECM on a motorhome.

Bricked it.

Eventually, Cummins ate the cost of the ECM.

Charged us $80 for the calibration "part" plus around $500 for programming and shit.

I had to do all the R & R on the module, and point out the bench harness he was using was powering the J1939 pins. As in, feeding B+ to the network circuits. Yeah.