Brake Proportioning Valve

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I am looking for a brake proportioning valve for my buddies car. It is a 1994 Crown Victoria. It's the double valve mounted on a bracket on the left frame rail under the master cylinder.

The part number is F2AZ-2B091-B

It is obsolete and proving to be a bitch to locate. We put it on the locator but no dice.

The part for a 1993 is available but what is the difference? Anyone know what changed?

IMG_0460.JPG

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-valve-brake-pressure-reducing_f2az-2b091-b.html

Part Fitment   Make Model Year Trim Engine Important vehicle option details  

Ford

Crown Victoria

1992-1994

A (Crown Victoria)

Lincoln

Town Car

1992-1995

DT (Lincoln Town Car)

Mercury

Grand Marquis

1992-1994

MA (Mercury)

We are looking for an OEM part so these options are not viable. You have to carefully rad item descriptions as all I see are "discontinued and out of stock." That is why we are trying to figure out is a near/different model year would fit. For example, the F2AZ-2B091-A is available... but what changed when it became F2AZ-2B091-B ?

I know it says discontinued. Thought you wanted to know the year range it fit. I would find a new one that appears to be the same externally and swap the spring. That will be the only difference between a truck & car valve.

• 2 weeks later...