Check out this PCV valve

Rate this topic

I'd like some opinions on this. 2012 F-550 rollback keeps setting a check engine light every few weeks. First time it had a P0088 and they just wanted it cleared, yesterday it came back with a P228F. Both times freeze frame showed FRP a few thousand psi higher than desired at idle.Pulled the PCV out to inspect and replace if everything looked good, that wasn't the case though. This thing has metal in the fuel and a brownish sludge on the PCV valve. The brown can be wiped off exposing shiny metal underneath but I'm not sure whether to rule this as contamination or not. This could potentially be warranty if determined that it's not contamination. I have in the past been told by hotline that the sludge could be from bio-diesel.What do you guys think you'd do here?  I mean honestly I will likely just let prior approval decide but I was wondering if anyone has run across this in the past. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well, it isn't rust and Ford approves B20. So if it is due to the use of bio I can't see Ford denying anything based on what we see here. I also think I have se that crud before too. Didn't think too much of it as I recall.