Blower Motor Speed Control Module

Rate this topic

Well guess who just discovered that what USED to be a 10 minute job now requires removal of the dash and the HVAC box in 2011 and newer SD trucks? I am telling you, I am convinced that there are engineers who do this kind of shit on purpose. Ahh! But they still fucked up an opportunity to out-do themselves. They could have mounted it in the bottom of the housing so that condensation in the housing would cause 90% of them to fail. Now THAT would truly impress me! ;)

If you didn't figure it out you can change the speed controller without fully removing the heater box. You still have to loosen it but the last one I did I was able to shim the box out far enough to access the controller without draining the coolant or evacuating the a/c

I've done about a half dozen of these now.  Getting the heater box nuts on a diesel is a little interesting. 

• Like 1

I did not have to remove all of the fasteners. I removed the one bolt on the inside, and from outside you only remove the two nuts and the one bolt (hidden by the plenum drain) that you can EASILY access. The heater box assembly will pull back enough to get your hand in there. I put a piece of 2X4 between the upper mount and the firewall to hold the box out. If the engineers had only given an inch more clearance behind that module none of this would be necessary. Thanx for the tip Matt!

image.jpeg