Axle Vent

Rate this topic

I have sold and installed more of the front axle vacuum supply fittings (F81Z-4022-BA) then I care to count. I actually used to stock them since the dealer never does and most parts guys don't even know what I am talking about.

So the other day I order one in and this is what I get
DTS 2.jpgDTS 1.jpg

I posted 2 pics because they ordered another after the first one was not correct...second time was not a charm :banghead:. So they put in an email to Ford and Ford says I need a 9L8Z-4022-A which according to FCA fits a 6.0 and newer. For those who may not know my fitting should look like this http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/f81z4022ba.

Well my parts guy gets ahold of me today and said he was talking to a dealer that had a 9L8Z-4022-A in stock. The conversation went something like this... The 9L8Z-4022-A looks the same as the F81Z-4022-BA but 9L8Z is on back order and if you order a F81Z it may be wrong. So Ford has a packaging or supplier issue with the F81Z.
This time I am just going to get a brass fitting @ the machine shop and move on.