Sync question

Rate this topic

I have a 2009 flex with the touch screen nav system and I was wonder if there is any way to get text notifications to show in the screen with an iphone. My wife use to have a samsung galaxy s5 and it would show when you got a incoming text message but her new iphone does not. Just wondering if anyone has found a way around this.

I really have next to no experience with Sync and I know nothing about IOS but I came across this http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/solution-finder/your-vehicle/interior/center-console/sync-and-tech/myford-touch/phone-setup/text-messages/iphone/why-wont-sync-notify-me-of-my-iphones-text-messages.html

Also make sure your old phone info is deleted from your Sync

• Like 2

It's not SYNC, it's the phone. My old Samsung Galaxy Nexus would not link texts, but our new Nexus 5 and Samsung Galaxy CORE LTE will. 

yep Its the iphone. The wife and I both have Iphones along with sync in both of our 2011F250 and 2016Fusion. Neither will show you the text messages.

My new 2016 Fusion displays and reads my texts. I am using an iPhone 6. It did not work initially until I turned on the notifications on the phone.

Bragging????? The new SYNC 3 by Blackberry is a sweet system. 

My new 2016 Fusion displays and reads my texts. I am using an iPhone 6. It did not work initially until I turned on the notifications on the phone.

Didnt they update to snyc 3 recently tho? My 16 still has sync 2 in it and I have not been able to get it to display any text, notifications on or otherwise

Let me refine my statement - I think it only displays a menu showing that there is a text, who it is from on my contacts list and a button to hear the text. The same menu appears on the right side of my instrument cluster. I don't think the 2016 Fusion has sync 3 but then, I have not looked at what version I am at nor do I pay much attention to anything SYNC related as I rarely run into the system working on trucks all day. Now that I have it I am sure this will change for me.

And no, I am not bragging.  ::tongue:: Neener neener neener!