6.4 run no more

Rate this topic

Got an 2008 f350 6.4 with a ford reman. Came in pushing coolant tested both egr cooler found blown head gaskets Pulled cab and pulled both heads found both heads warped. Got the heads fixed put all back together bled the fuel system while cab was off no leaks. Super right nope. Truck cranked up ran good felt good about it. Next day came in to finish it up. Tried to start it and if would hit for a brief second and nothing hooked. Hooked the IDS up and seeing FRP was going over 5000 but I as soon as the key was key was released it shows 124 psi so I figured there must been air in the system bled again and no air. Im thinking the HPFP has gone bad but Im not 100% sure because FRP showing me that it hit for a second. Any help would be great

Any codes?  Any chance the EGR valve went stupid? Plugged exhaust? CKP/CMP issues, if the PCM can't determine timing it will not fire the injectors, but it will produce fuel pressure, very miss-leading when that happens. At this point it would almost easier to verify all the good stuff first and what is left is your failure. I have had trucks come in with lots of fuel pressure but won't fire due to bad injectors.

After all, this is a reman, anything can happen.

Ok little update pulled secondary filter out some metal. So I pulled fuel lines on fuel cooler and found them loaded with enough metal flake to make a bass boat look dull. So fuel system it is