Using USB For Music

Rate this topic

So my new Fusion has the Sony sound system, SYNC with all the bells and whistles. I like having the ability to load my music onto a USB flash drive and playing from it. Before I purchase a new dedicated flash drive for this purpose I wondered is any of you have experience with this and have any tips.

One word that keeps coming up with regard to play lists is "tags" and getting then straight will cause SYNC to index the music faster. I am not using playlists so would this matter? I simply browse my music by artist or albums with no problems. So what's the deal with these tags and how would I manage them?

And I intend to use a 64GB USB3.0 compact flash drive... and of course I know to format it to FAT32 file system.

Sounds like you got it figured out already, I of course am no use to you in this department, I listen to what ever I can tune on my crappy radio or Sirius in the wife's car.

Been doing it for years but I don't organize my music at all.  I have probably 5-10 thumb drives ranging from 256mb to 128GB loaded with different music mixes or dedicated to a single artist. I play them on random. I have a TB drive at home with about 300gb of music on it of all types and occasionally switch up what's on the USB drives.  I HATE radio (and TV) commercials, they assault my senses and intelligence. Even at the shop I had a USB drive player but it malfunctioned a while back and I haven't gotten around to upgrading so I'm back to radio there.

:grin: